IMA Systems, technology & applications
IMA offers mining and exploration services and consulting
(with technology partners) covering:
- Greenfield and Brownfield exploration
- Grade control in base and iron metal mines
- Sampling in mining
- Analysis and sampling in drilling contracting
- Loading control & mining quality control
- Sampling and analysis in refineries
- Application and field studies (IMA lab and on-site)
IMA works in co-operation with mining companies, mining technology and service providers to introduce the latest techonology and new applications for the mines.
XRF (X-ray fluorescence) is mainly used to identify elemental/mineral composition (energy or wavelength dispersive of the X-rays) and concentrations of the elements (intensity of X-rays).
Well proven method used extensively in laboratories.
Laser induced fluorescence (LIF): Sample is excited with a laser. After some time excited species emit fluorescent light.
Laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS): Laser pulse dissociate sample into excited atoms and ions which then emit light at characteristic wavelengths.